Popcorn, picnic dinner, make-your-own desserts were some of the other ideas we thought we'd try. The boys are still too young to sit through a movie, but I look forward to sharing with them the flicks of my youth. Those that stayed with me and those that I never got the chance to enjoy. (Believe it or not, but I don't think I've ever seen "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" all the way through...) Put every Disney film on the list, please.
Mr. P has a cousin whose family does "Friday Night Wii" and they always require costumes.
Here's a list from Daily Babble that might help you get started. Some are for the older crowd. Mostly live action so let's generate our own animated features list.
20+ Top Family Movies
1. Planet Earth (2006)
2. Young Tom Edison (1940)
3. Young Mr. Lincoln (1939)
4. Pride of the Yankees (1942)
5. Hans Christian Andersen (1952)
6. The Story of Louis Pasteur (1935)
7. The Miracle Worker (1962)
8. Cheaper by the Dozen (1950)
9. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
11. Young Frankenstein (1974)
12. Hoosiers (1986)
13. Rocky (1976)
14. The Natural (1984)
15. Chariots of Fire (1981)
16. Bad News Bears (1976)
17. The Simpsons
20. The Red Balloon (1991, France)
21. Skinny and Fatty (1959, Japan)
22. Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
23. Modern Times (1936)
24. City Lights (1931)
25. The Princess Bride (1987)
26. Groundhog Day (1993)
What are some of the traditions that you have that may center around flicks or family fun on weekends?