Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I can see clearly now the rain is gone




Ok, so I don't claim to be Marth Stewart. I wouldn't wear a poncho, let alone knit one. BUT for some reason today I was inspired. Maybe it was the idea of proudly displaying my son's Thanksgiving artwork in the front window, or the fact that it's pouring outside.
Either way, despite not having eaten breakfast or showered yet, I brilliantly decided that Curly and I could clean the windows.

Of the whole entire house.

All 10 of them. And two French doors.
By ourselves.

Really.
Stop laughing.

What better way to entertain a toddler on a rainy day and keep the noise down so the little one can sleep.

Now, mind you, we put in these new grid windows almost 3 years ago.

I've never cleaned them myself until today.

My mother cringes at this point of the story.

So....we pulled out the microfiber cloths and the following recipe and wa-la!

White Vinegar, Water and Newspaper: Mix 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with a gallon of water, and dispense into a used spray bottle. Squirt on, then scrub with newspaper, not paper towels, which cause streaking. If you're out of vinegar or don't like its smell, you can substitute undiluted lemon juice or club soda.

We can now see the dirt on the other side of the windows a heck of a lot more clearly.

And the poor workmanship done installing the windows..but that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Couldn't you just eat this one up? Did it not wet your appetite? What are you craving next? Let me know!