Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nectarines everywhere!

This picture doesn't do justice to the amount of fruit that our nectarine tree is producing.  This is just what the boys and Mr. picked off one section of the branch.  i.e., if I picked all day for the next 2 weeks, we'd probably have 1,000+ nectarines.
I plucked about 50 today alone. 
What to do with them?????
Tried this recipe for Nectarine Blush today.  Had to make my own buttermilk - easy peasy!
Bonus - the boys LOVED it!

Off to brainstorm for tomorrow's harvest!
I'm determined not to let it go to waste this year so I borrowed our neighbor's fruit picker-thingie.  LAst year Mr. climbed the tree and shook it like a monkey.  As the nectarines fell, half of them smashed on the driveway or in the bushes on the front side of the gate and the other half got sucked up by the HooverMollyVac (i.e., our dog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Couldn't you just eat this one up? Did it not wet your appetite? What are you craving next? Let me know!