Saturday, September 13, 2008

Arm and Hammer all the way!

In the staff lounge the other day, some co-workers commented on my desire to clean my kitchen sink with baking soda. Skeptical, understandably, they asked how I also clean my hardwood floors.
Here's a quick description on how to for those who don't want to take my word for it. Thanks to healthychildhealthyworld.org.

Kill odor with naturally deodorizing and disinfecting white vinegar.When housetraining my dog, I used a solution of 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water to clean up accidents and eliminate the smell. Dilute with water for mopping floors and surfaces. It’s a good idea to test the surface first to make sure the vinegar will not damage it. A simple recipe of 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 cups hot water in a spray bottle also works well.

Baking soda absorbs odors.Most of us have an open a box of baking soda in the refrigerator to keep food smells at a minimum. Baking soda can also freshen musty carpets: Just sprinkle baking soda on the carpet, let sit for a while, then vacuum. You can also fill small bowls with baking soda and place them in areas where smells accumulate — closets, bathrooms, etc. Be sure to put the bowl on a high shelf, so kids don't get into it.


http://healthychild.org/resources/checklist/freshen_indoor_air_naturally/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Couldn't you just eat this one up? Did it not wet your appetite? What are you craving next? Let me know!